Thursday, March 19, 2009

melted crayon stained glass effect





Well, I promised that I would work up the idea that I was thinking of for the melted crayon sheets.
This first set of pictures shows the steps to creating the wax paper sheets.The next photo shows you the finished product. You have to admit that this would hold very little attention for young children.

My idea is to surround this paper with a black paper frame and then have the children glue strips of black paper to the black paper to create the stained glass window effect. I did not take much care in cutting my frame but I was thinking you could have the frames be a variety of shapes (like ovals for Easter eggs) depending on season or use. The materials needed would be a glue stick and some black construction paper. Young children like too use the glue sticks and there is very little mess.

The rest of the pictures are self-explanatory. Did you notice how much brighter the colors became once they were surrounded by the black paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment